eat local, grow local
We love the local food and produce of the New Forest and would like to help you to discover more of it yourself. So why not have a go at our five challenges?
1. Eat….Buy and try a local product from your local farm shop or farmers market
2. Grow….Grow something you haven't grown before.
3. Pick….Pick some fruit – from a tree in your garden, a local Pick Your Own farm, or from the hedgerow.
4. Cook….Cook a dish from local, seasonal ingredients.
5. Explore….Follow a Food Trail. The Food Challenge currently has two walking trails that celebrate local food and outlets around the Forest area.
This is a New Forest Transition community project. We're aiming to support local producers and farmers, get more people growing their own food and add strength to local communities. For more info click here
We've introduced some 'challenges' for you as we head into 2014....that are designed to help you explore more about the local food and produce on offer here in the New Forest......
Check out the details below!